Saturday, February 20, 2010

Apperication for healthy Bodies

I think a lot of time we take for granted what our bodies do for us. (DALE IS GOING TO HURT ME WHEN HE FINDS OUT I POSTED THIS) We had a little experience this past couple weeks that I think made both of us appreciate walking, running, and what all the body can do.
Picture of what looked like from the back
Picture of what looked like from the front

The other night, Dale went and played church ball and hurt him self pretty good. At first, I thought he was just being a baby I watched the whole game and I didn't really see anything that looked like it could have caused him as much pain as he was complaining about. He started walking and I knew it was not good he couldn't even walk, trying to get him in the car was not very fun either. I knew then that something was really wrong with him. (The game was a later game and we got home about 9:30.) Dale called a chiropractor and he was kind enough to let Dale come in. He worked on Dale for a good hour and couldn't get the hip or his lower back back into place. He said that he would like to see Dale the next morning, we went back 2 more time and nothing was happening it was almost getting worse. He started having this tingling feeling going down his legs which then started making me very scared. The chiropractor said he had done all he could and that he would recommend that we go to a doctor. It was very hard finding a doctor who was open on a Friday afternoon at 4:oopm. We finally went to a doctor and a sports med doctor who had no tact and FREAKED ME OUT. Telling Dale that he could loose feeling in legs, have a limp the rest of life, needing surgery...... I thought that I was going to have a paralyzed husband by the way they were talking they called the ER and ordered a CT scan ( i had to leave the room to gain some composer I was bawling so hard I was shaking). We went to the ER and had the CT done and sat in a little waiting room for what felt like hours. We got the reading back from the doctor and they said that everything thing looked OK but there was swelling around the spine and needed to be very careful the next couple days. They gave him some inflammatory meds and we were on our way. Although, Dale is up and moving around walking and trying to get back to normal, I think it just made me appreciate my ability to walk and love my body that much more. I'm glad we have great family (Thanks Floyd and Dave for giving Dale a blessing), neighbor and friends who helped us out. You guys are awesome.

1 comment: