Friday, April 2, 2010

WeekEnd Get aWay!

A couple weekends ago Dr Skinner had taken off some time to go and visit his parents in England and I decided that I would take advantage of it and spent some quality time with my Grandparents in Idaho Falls. It had been a long while since I had seen them and was great to catch up. I look up to these two amazing people very much. They are great examples and I'm glad to have them in my life.

While I was up there, they had just started some major spring cleaning along with painting. My grandma got bored of white walls. So, My grandpa went to work painting and my grandma went to work washing down things and organizing as well. Maybe I could get them to come and do my house!


GREAT work Grandpa! LOOks gReaT!!

I really wanted to find a cool old school name for our baby and I asked my grandma if I could look at some pedigree charts/ family history stuff and get some idea's..... BOy, I was in for a treat. She is a very organized lady and had binders, folders and filing cabinets of them along with a written history on each of them! We spent 1/2 day going through and talking about each person. They have both really done their studying up on this.. THANKS! I learned a lot....I think it even got me a little excited to do it on my own.

These binders are of my aunts, dad and uncle, grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents!.......


and MOrE!

We also went to a fireside (I didn't bring any church stuff and Grandma had offered that I could wear something of hers but I really didn't want to.) So, we did a little shopping at Target. I found me and outfit. We also did some curtain shopping and we went to breakfast one morning,and to keep with tradition WE played lots of games. We always seem to get some good laughs out of the games. I had a really good time thanks again.

I also went and visited Dale's sister, husband and their kids. It was fun to see them and catch up on life and what they were busy doing, and seeing their beautiful home. Thanks for letting me come and visit you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment