Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More hospital pictures....

Don't mind this picture NOT a very good shot! Dale and baby look good not so much of me.
(Oh Well... what do you expect i just got done having a baby!)

This is the story of how sweet Stella came, I'm doing this more for memories, bare with me. It was a Tuesday, I went to work like usual, did my regular routine at home, in the evening we did our regular walk and had our bowl of ice cream to end the evening off right. It was about 11:45 pm when I woke up to what i thought was maybe my water breaking, i woke Dale up and let him know that i thought maybe it was time to go to the hospital. We grabbed our bags, drove in and checked into the hospital. The nurse took me into the room did some tests, I was still @ a 3 and 80% effaced. They said i was showing all signs of being ready, just that i wasn't dilating anymore than when i came in and Dr Horsley just happened to be the doc on call, we called him and he said that it was up to me i could stay or i could go home and see what happens, I decided to go home. FALSE ALARM!!! We left the hospital around 4:00ish, the nurses recommended that i come home and take a nice bath and try to relax ( i felt like saying... Relax.... I wish i could but the pain in a little much) We got home Dale went to bed and i took a bath, it was very relaxing at first but then it started to get worse, I tried to do YOGa breathing and walk around the house, then the pain came intense and very fast!!! I tried taking a hot shower this time to see if that would make things better... oh no it made it WORSE, i didn't want it to be another false alarm so i tried walking around the house for a while longer trying to get a little shut eye when i could and wasn't feeling pain. Then i couldn't even walk or breath i finally felt like i should wake Dale up and that maybe this could be the real thing.... Dale, once again got up and we were getting ready to leave and i felt this gush i was like crap my water just broke,i grabbed a towel and I told Dale we needed to hurry i didn't want to deliver in the car.... half way into town it happened again, I was really starting to freak out!!! We got to the hospital at 7:45 am checked in at the desk and then a really BIG gush came, i started to cry and told them i was very sorry that they would have to clean it up and she was like don't worry about it sweety, they took me into the room and checked me this time i was dilated at a 4 and 100% effaced she said we got to get thing going they got me on the IV and called the Anesthesiologist and got my epidural (THE BEST THING) and then checked and i was at an 8. She let me know that things were moving pretty quick and to rest while i could because we were going to start thing soon, I got ready to push at 12:25 am They called Dr Horsley up and by 12:50 am Stella was here. Dale, was a champ he was a fabulous coach and did a ton better than what i thought he would, he even cut the cord. Everything happened so fast, i was very surprised. (Nothing like what i had imagined.)
Stella we are so excited to have you in our little family. You bring such a sweet spirit into our home, we are glad that you are finally here..... healthy and happy!!!

Just a few pictures of the Hospital stay...


Dale getting to give Stella a bath!

My little Girl! I love being a MOMmY

Dale couldn't get enough of her, he wanted to be right next to her side.
He's going to be a great Dad! They are napping buddies

1 comment:

  1. Soo cute and soo fun...you guys both look really good as parents! I want o come visit and see the cute stella! Can I?????

    ReplyDelete