Sunday, November 15, 2009

Winter Already??

This morning there was a little surprise waiting for me. ( I knew it was coming but didn't know this soon.)

Snow Snow go away come back in 3 weeks from today!

I don't want the snow to be here quite yet, I don't think I'm ready for the cold. We didn't even get our Christmas lights up yet! I guess we will be doing it in the cold....but that does mean one thing. It means that I can sit inside all day find myself a blanket, a good book with some hot chocolate and snuggle up to the fire.

I'm so glad we have this on wintery snowy day's like today.

So, with the snow being here I decided that I would start getting my Christmas stuff out....(don't freak out family it's out, just not set up all the way:-) I had a couple project that I needed to finish from the past years.


I finally finished the stockings after 2 years.

I'm still trying to work on the table runner that I started last year. Stay tune! I think for Christmas I might ask Dale to give me some sewing 101 classes, I do not understand the sewing lingo and I think my neighbor and my mom might like that too then I don't have to bother them as much!


I also found these letters and I thought that I could spell a cute Christmas word and cover them with Christmas scrapbook paper and use them for something. I think that I'll try and use them on my Christmas card.



And the big project this weekend was trying to get this blanket done and out of the way. The back didn't line up like it should have and it was frustrating me. My mom came out to help me, one last time before I gave up. I was having a lot of issues getting it up onto frames. Grrr..NOTE TO SELF: I think that when I try to quilt something for the first time I need to start out with something a little more small, maybe something not so overwhelming. Will someone please remind me of that when I do my next quilt?!?... if I ever do a next quilt.

My mom was able to stay out at my house and help me get started. While quilting my mom looked down and noticed that we didn't fix the problem... the problem that I was having trying to do it by myself.. There was no way that I was unpicking what we had done! My mom kept telling me "that she would make it work" or "It will be ok!...I'll fix it I promise." I just started laughing. What are the chances that we didn't fix the issue, hopefully it isn't a problem and when we bind it you won't even be able to tell. Thanks mom for your help!


The finishing of the quilting part. I think that I will give my finger tips a rest for a couple day and then get back to it soon.

4 comments:

  1. I was there when the stocking was started...glad to see the finished product! you are one crafty toots! we need to do a craft night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that quilt looks beautiful! But what else could we expect from you? good luck on the finishing touches.
    And I love the stocking...that thing has waited a while to be finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you started those stockings! I'm so glad you got them finished. They're adorable! And your quilt looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so see your reflection in the fireplace...love it! Your stocking and quilt are absolutely amazing! I would love to learn to quilt!

    ReplyDelete