Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Books..

I've recently been into reading...... I never have been a big reader but for Christmas my mom gave me a book and that got things going for me I guess.... just some thoughts I had about a couple books...
Book #1..

What an amazing prophet we have! He is such an example of dedication, sacrifice,and of service. I always have liked listening to him. I remember as a little girl listening to his stories at conference when he would talk, there is something to be said about his stories they have way of drawing you in and you walking away feeling like you need to go doing something great for someone...or at least that is how I feel.

Book #2...

BOOK OF MORMON

I'm doing a challenge with the young women to read the book of Mormon... I'm trying to help with personal progress.One of the requirement is that you read the Book Of Mormon...I have already got my necklace when I was in Young Women's,but I'm trying to earn my honor bee as well.

Also, at work there is a sweet girl named Margret who use to be Mormon and is very much a Bible girl now. Sometimes, I feel like she know her stuff more than I do and I am the Mormon. She will get very deep into things and question things that are logical questions and I think we all have thought of them but there are just somethings that we don't have answers to and it's by faith that we believe right? Well...The other day, I came home in tears feeling like I was being interrogated with the questions I was very unsure of, feeling very uneasy and feeling kinda numb inside.. I talked with Dale and let him know I had never had this in my life and didn't like the way I was feeling... not that I was questioning what I believed but I felt like I didn't really know my stuff.. Dale was cute and said he would pull out the missionary discussions and help me work through it.... it has been a blessing to read the scriptures with him every night and have a good discussion.. A couple weeks later, Dale was released from Executive Secretary and put in as work mission leader.... what a blessing it has been to go back to the basic of the gospel and help me feel more comfortable talking about the church with this girl and helping me gain a greater testimony.

Book #3....


My dad got this book a while back and he refers to it every once and awhile and I've been very impressed from what he has talked about in it so I started reading that too... Man, this guys had a rough life, But he was always was trying his best and never giving up, he worked so hard... The book couldn't have a better and more fitting title.

No comments:

Post a Comment