Friday, October 9, 2009

4th of July

Stadium fire works.


Dale and I doing our sparklers

I LOve the 4th of July... Dale had the day off, Katie and Dan came up from Salt Lake. We made a fun day out of it. It had been while since we had ALL gotten together and done something. We started the day off right by getting in our exercise. We went on a bike ride up Green Canyon.



The most unforgettable mountain bike ride make special note to the purple huffy that Katie is on.

Background on the Purple Huffy. Katie and I got these one year for Christmas when were like 10 and 12. The breaks squil so bad, there is no shocks at all on the bike and the gears will change when they want to. So, when Katie and I had talked she said she would bringing her bike but for some reason I thought she had a new bike but when she had showed up she had brought the PURPLE HUFFY up from Salt Lake. This was going to be very interesting.

We were all set to go!!! Katie and I had discussed that we would go but we would just say back with Bryce, and kindof use him as our excuss for not wanting to go to fast, but little did we know that he is actually really good at mtn. biking. So, it would be Katie and I staying back. We start up the hill not even 5 min into Katie's bike won't switch gears. So, my sweet dad switches her bikes but my dad's bike peddles that have shoes and they clip in so really not much of a peddle there. Katie feet were curled around these peddles. It was a sight to see, my dad on a huffy and Katie on a bike that was way to big and not much of a peddle. I stayed back with her. In front of us came a hill I let her know to which the gear to easy to help her get up the hill we ended getting off the bikes and walking them up a hill. When we finally get to the top there is Dale, Dan and My dad and bro laughing. I told my dad to just go with the boys and that we wanted to stay back. So, I gave her my bike and she road that and I took Purple Huffy. I didn't know how she was riding this. Every bump was pain, your legs were on fire because you were stuck in the hardest gear. We finally had enough. So, we turned back with Bryce and did our own thing. THANKS FOR THE MOMENT KAT!!
After the bike ride we went back home and mom had a good meal waiting for us. We did shish kabobs on the grill, my mom had also made a lot of different salads. I hope one day I can be as good of a cook as she is.
Bryant with his master piece kabob.


Mom with her favorite mother's day gift. She loves her grill.



Perparing our kabobs.

Smile for the camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment