Sunday, October 11, 2009

Conference Weekend

I thought that I would start the weekend off right by trying to make some salsa. I was given some green peppers at Young Women's and was also given some tomatoes, I thought rather than waste them I would attempt to try and make some salsa. It was quite the process...... with a smelly house and a couple hours later I was able to have fresh homemade salsa. I was able to get 12 pints out of the batch. I don't think that Dale or I were very excited about the new smell that we would have to live with for the next couple days. Oh well, we had salsa. That is my favorite snack chips and some salsa. So, it was worth it!! The next day, my neighbor Nicki and I got together and made strawberry home made jam. I wish that I would have tried this a lot sooner. I was able to made 8 bottles of freezer jam. The best part is that it is super fast and easy.... My style of cooking. Thanks Nicki for introducing me to yummy home made strawberry jam!!!!!


My salsa.


In between Saturday session of Conference, my little brothers kept talking about how they really wanted to go to Renegade Sports and ride the go carts again. (My dad had taken them the day before but they wanted to do it with the sisters) My grandparents came down from Idaho Falls to spend sometime with us on Saturday. It was really fun! It had been awhile since I had seen them so, it was great to catch up.


My Grandma and Alyse.

Here is a few pictures of the Family on go carts.


We are getting ourselves all buckled up, ready for a rock'n good time!


My Grandpa Ellis is the best sport. We were able to talk him in to doing the go carts. I don't think that it would have been the same if he didn't do it with us!! Thanks.


I don't think that my Dad enjoys either. (NOT) The grin on his face is priceless. Maybe we should look at making one of these in the back yard.

READY, SET, GO!!!!


A race between my Dad and I.



I think that my Dad won!


Afterward my Grandma made this new goal of needing to walk 1 hour a day. She hadn't got her hour in yet. So across the highway there was the Logan River nature path. We went and walked on that for a bit. It started to get a little cold so, we turned back.


Alyse and I having some fun.

We thought we would make this picture look like my grandpa was holding up the branch with the boys hanging from it. Well... I don't think it really turned out how we had hoped.


I love my grandparents so much.

The boys went to Priesthood session and we had a girls night. We made a great dinner. After dinner we playing the games. IT was a very good time, there where LOTS of laughs!!!

My grandma is the champ and the game called GOLF. It is so fun playing it with her. We can start laughing at nothing and then we cannot stop. She has the cutiest laugh.

Later on my mom made some yummy brownies and topped it off with ice cream!! Thanks girls for a good time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment