Friday, October 9, 2009

Burnett Reunion 2009

When we got back to Utah from our trip. We had Adam come pick us up at the airport and we went straight to the Burnett Reunion. We didn't get there until 11:45 pm, luckily we had sent our tent down with family and they put it up for us. The Smith Family was in charge this year. They decided that they would host it in their backyard down in the Lehi area.

The Burnett Crew
We went to Seven Peaks on Friday. It was a little chilly and overcast. But that didn't stop us from having a great time. All the older nieces and nephews had placed bets on if I was going to go down the BIG Orange slide. I couldn't let them be right, I had everyone go before me which probably I should have gone first. My first mistake is that I looked down... NEVER LOOK DOWN. I had a big crowd( my nieces and nephews and sweet husband) cheering me on and I finally did it. Looks like I won the bet!!

The next day, Saturday. We hiked to this beautiful water fall up Provo Canyon. I cannot remember the name of it, but it was Beautiful!!!

Here we are before the hike :-)



We made it!!!

On the hike we saw a lot of stinging nettle. I was being very cautious on where I was walking what I would touch. When we got down to the waterfall I stopped thinking about it and walked right into a patch of it. Man, that stuff hurts. I put some mud on it to help with the stinging. I don't think it really helped but it took my mind off of it.

Dale and Dallin showing us their cool man poses

Dale, Dave, Darren and Ammston hiked a little bit above the waterfall.

We live in such a beautiful area. We are so lucky to have the mountains close.

My little niece Myah. She had a loose tooth I noticed Dallin in the bathroom with Myah using some pliers to get it out, she didn't want to do it anymore. When she came out I let her know that I worked at a dentist and if she wanted I could try and help her get it out she was a little hesitant. I didn't think she would want me to do it. Throughout the reunion she would ask when we were going to try again, I would get busy and forget. She was really ready to do it this time. We went inside and Myah, Mandi and I were playing dentist. We used anbesol to get her "numb" and then I twisted it and it came out. She didn't even know it had come out but she was so excited when she put her tongue up there and it was out.

Thank You Smith Family for all that you did for the reunion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment