Friday, October 9, 2009

the BIG 30!



Dale, turned the big 30 this year. I kept bugging him about what he wanted for his birthday. He kept saying nothing, or things like World Peace or Happiness. What he really wanted was to get his braces off. I had talked to Dr. Skinner about that. All he wanted for his birthday was to get them off. Dr Skinnner didn't think there would be a problem and thought that we could make it happen. I tried to down play it like it wasn't going to happen. It was the day of the ortho visit and..... He got them off! He kept saying this is the best birthday gift ever.



Getting ready to take off the braces!!!


I was able to throw him a surprise party the night before his actual birthday. He had his birthday off on Friday, I let him know that we should go camping. We had not been this year and we were both game to go. I let him know that I would go up Thursday day and set up the tent and find a good spot. Little did he know that I was throwing him a little birthday bash! I called all his highschool buddies, Adam, friends from our old and new wards and have them meet up Black Smith Fork canyon. We would head up after Dale got off work. I had some great help putting it all together with our friends the Sutherlands. They came up with me to find a spot and they would be up there to run the show before we got up there. We had hot dogs and for birthday dessert we made apple cobbler. It was a surprise to him!!!! Thanks to all that came.


Nothing like a camp fire.


The Day of His birthday:


I got up and made him bed in breakfast. He loves waffles and eggs. If he could he would have this breakfast everyday.

For the day, I had rented a 4 wheeler and thought that we could go up to the top of Willard Peak. I had called and had one all ready to go, but the day before his birthday I thought to myself how the heck are we going to get it up there? We just sold our truck! So, I had to call the place and un-rent the 4 wheeler. I was so upset, my plan had fallen through. The worst part is that I had wrapped up a kid toy 4 wheeler with a note telling him what the day had planned and forgot to take it out. So, he found out about it. I could tell he was a little bummed. Oops! We ended up going boating. We called our friend Shelsie and Cody, and Dave & Michelle came out for a little while. We went to Hyrum Dam. It was the best water I've seen and the best part is that we were the only boat for a couple hours. That was a great gift for Dale.


That's my Babe! Enjoying himself.


He makes it look so easy.


This is Dale trying to get the wakeboard off. It seriously took him 5 minutes to get the board off. Who knew that turning the big 30 would kick in so fast. We couldn't stop laughing.


Still cannot get it off. Sorry babe but I had to take some snap shots. You will appericate them later.


My family came out a couple weeks later to give Dale their gifts.

I hope you had a wonderful day. You deserved a lot more than what I was able to do for you. I'm glad we got to celebrate your special day together. LOVe YoU!!!!

3 comments:

  1. HI Cambria! Cute blog! Happy birthday Dale. Keep posting it is fun to see what you are up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dale!! I'm glad you guys have a blog! Lets be blog buddies....Love you!! Hope you're both doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did spend a lot of time working on this! It looks so cute! Good work.

    ReplyDelete